Nobody looks forward to backing up their information, unless they have discovered Time Machine. This allows you to easily and quickly back up your information on Mac. Many issues our Apple Help Desk in Kansas City see, relate to not backing up your information. Join the best Apple Managed IT services in Kansas City to learn about how you can easily set up Time Machine today.
Setting up Time Machine is something you should consider if you haven’t already. Our Mac support team in Kansas City encourages you to follow these six steps to turn it on:
- Go to System Preferences > Time Machine and click on the Select Disk button.
- Select your new disk from the list.
- To password-protect your backups, select Encrypt Backups. (If this checkbox is dimmed, hover over it to see more information. If no explanation appears, the disk doesn’t support encryption.) Should you select this checkbox? You have to decide which is more likely to be a problem—the wrong person poking around in your backup files or you losing the password and being unable to restore from your backup in an emergency.
- Click Use Disk.
- You may be asked whether it’s okay to reformat the disk. This will erase everything on the disk, so assuming that erasing is okay, go ahead and reformat.
- If you selected Encrypt Backups, enter the password twice, once in the Backup Password field, and once in the Verify Password field. Also, please give yourself a hint to help you remember it. (Be sure to record the password in a safe place where you can find it later!) Finally, click the Encrypt Disk button.
Setting up Time Machine on your Mac ensures you the ability to easily back up your device. It is a simple step to take towards securing your data. If you are looking for a confident Kansas CIty Apple Support Company, look no further than BestMacs. We are here to help you navigate your technical problems with ease. Contact us today to discuss how we can help.